Vitsoe Comes To IDEO
We are big fans of Vitsoe. They supply and fit the classic, stylish and very cool shelving system designed by Dieter Rams.
We are surrounded by, as Dieter put it in the late 1970’s “an impenetrable confusion of forms, colours and noises” Dieter asked himself the important question “is my design good design?” To which he wrote ten principles for good design.
- Good design is innovative
- Good design makes a product useful
- Good design is aesthetic
- Good design makes a product understandable
- Good design is unobtrusive
- Good design is honest
- Good design is long-lasting
- Good design is thorough down to the last detail
- Good design is environmentally-friendly
- Good design is as little design as possible
When it came to finding a shelving system for our clients IDEO the choice was obvious. The 606 Universal shelving system is functional, easy to install, can be moved when they move and looks timeless. Designed in the 1960’s the design continues to look contemporary and works as well in a Victorian warehouse as it does in a modern office building.
It was such a pleasure bringing Vitsoe to IDEO that we’d like to add a principle to Dieters list:
Good design is pleasurable.